July 25 – Jinling Pharmaceutical Co (SHE: 000919), a Nanjing, Jiangsu province-based drug maker, said it plans to pay ¥123 million for a 68.33% stake in Yizheng Hospital from Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital. Situated in Yangzhou, Jiangsu province, Yizheng Hospital has 500 beds and served 310,000 patients last year. It posted ¥41.11 million in revenues and ¥5.77 million in net profits for Q1 2012.
July 24 – Sinopec Corp (NYSE: SNP, SHA: 600028, HKG: 0386) said its subsidiary, Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corp, agreed to buy a 49% stake in Canada-based Talisman Energy Inc's (NYSE: TLM) British subsidiary. The deal is pending regulatory approval.
July 24 – Sany Heavy Industry Co (SHA: 600031), China's biggest construction equipment manufacturer, said its controlled German concrete pump maker, Putzmeister, will pay $9.8 million for a full stake in Intermix GmbH, a leading concrete mixing truck maker based in Heimertingen, Germany. Intermix posted $12.22 million in revenues and $128,329 in net profits last year. Sany acquired Putzmeister in January.
July 23 – China Financial International Investments Ltd (HKG: 0721) said it paid a total of ¥181 million for 10% to 30% stakes in six micro creditors in Jiangxi province, Tianjin and Shenzhen, without naming them.
July 20 – Citic Securities Co (SHA: 600030, HKG: 6030), China's largest brokerage by market value, agreed to buy Credit Agricole SA's Hong Kong-based CLSA unit for $1.25 billion, Bloomberg reported. Citic Securities said it had completed its purchase of a 19.9% stake in the brokerage for $310.3 million, and that it would buy the remaining 80.1% for $941.7 million subject to conditions including regulatory approval.
July 20 – Tencent Holdings Ltd (HKG: 0700), one of the largest internet companies in China, has purchased a stake in Caixin Media Co, Caixin Media public relations representative Ma Ling told Yicai.com, without disclosing financial details. Tencent will not participate in Caixin's daily operations, according to Ma. Caixin specializes in finance and business news.
$1 = ¥6.34